View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Sure, there is certain amount of fanboism, but I wouldn't say that everybody saying anything negative about Maemo or Nokia gets attacked automaticly.

For example see this thread from yesterday:
Bye (for Now)
There's nothing in that thread by the OP that states anything "negative" about the N900 other than his own personal feelings.

Last I checked, he'd be a better indicator of what is best for him than this community.

Want an example of what I meant? Go here.

I simply answered to correct a slight wrong, incurred the wrath of fms. There's other times when somebody straightens out a falsehood about the competition... and what happens?

"You're a fanboy" or some other idiocy. It ain't necessary.

Pfft. If that's what it means to stay in this community, then to hell with it. I've seen much bigger communities collapse from cliques and cliches as such.

Still I think you make good point by pointing out fanboism. Negative trolling and fanboism can fuel each other and create even more noise to community. One of the reason why I think we need more selective but strict moderation, before the constructive people leave elsewhere.
Now this part... I think that's a good point. But at the moment, it's camp A vs. camp B. Which... is oddly divisive and totally unnecessary imho.