View Single Post
Yep the N900 is a media powerhouse, easily has the best support for file formats and codecs out of the box and then with applications can cover most of the rest it does not have.

32gb memory + up to 32gb more with microsd means a good amount of space.

That said I find that FLAC is overkill and still consumes too much space for me since I have over 50gb of songs and want some movies on here too.

I have a very simple pain free way to convert flac to ultra high quality AAC files if your interested that will save you a ton of space, increase compatibility, and still be the same listening quality IMO.

I have spent the last week tagging my music collection and I am only half way done, its easy for full CD's but the random files I have here and there from rare artist are a major pain to track down album and cover art for... and guys if anybody knows a better way to tag a few tracks in an album with mp3tag please let me know! The move up/down interface is just absolutely horrible!

> Every time you move a file down to its position in the track list, it moves the one below it up so it keeps messing up the order. You have no real indication of what placement the track is in as there is no number listing on the right pane, you have to visually try to line it up with the tag database in the left pain. Its just so horrible for an otherwise really great program and so I hope I am missing some magic technique with the program to tag partial albums easier.