View Single Post
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York, NY
I've had my N800 for about 6 months now, and up until now I haven't had any internet connection issues. However, starting about a week ago, a strange issue has been recurring. Sometimes I will connect to one of the networks that I always connect to, and it will appear to connect as normal (the message "now connected to network" appears). However, after that, I find that I don't appear to actually have any connectivity - browsers can't load any webpages, RSS can't update, etc.

I've tried a number of things, but haven't had any luck. I've tried restarting the networking service (via command line), but it didn't seem to make any difference. I've tried disabling power saving on the network that i'm attached to, but that didn't make any difference. I've also tried moving to another network, but the same problem occurs. Rebooting my router at home didn't make any difference either. The only thing that will fix it is a reboot of the tablet. However, after that, the same problem will reoccur again in a couple of days.

One more thing - when I'm having this problem on my home network, I can still connect to my router from the tablet. I just can't connect to the internet. So that makes me think that maybe it's a DNS issue, or that it's not recognizing the gateway. Other computers on my home network, however, are unaffected, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the router. (I'm using DHCP, by the way.)

Has anyone ever had anything like this? Or have any ideas on how to troubleshoot/fix issues with default gateway/DNS? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks all.