View Single Post
Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
i kicked up kismet, with the bluetooth GPS connected, and tried to have maemo-mapper use the GPS concurrently. maemo-mapper failed to connect to the GPS, as it was the second app to try and connect to it. conversely, with maemo-mapper started first, kismet gave a warning that it was disabling GPS logging.

my question is, is it a limitation of the GPS that wont allow more than one app to connect or is it on the tablet side?

is the memory space associated with the GPS not shared/share-able? it seems that the bluetooth framework is robust enough to handle connections to more than one device, so being able to have more than one app talk to the same device would be doable.

i do notice that you can enter /dev/rfcomm0 in maemo-mapper. would that allow for multiple concurrent connections to a single GPS, or would the same effect occur, where only one app has an open connection to the device?

war-driving could be taken to a new level if you could use both kismet and maemo-mapper with a GPS at the same time.

<poking fun>
programming is easy, even though i dont do it
</poking fun>
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless