View Single Post
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
We have a profound difference in philosophy.
I'm not debating philosophy. I'm explaining how our existing Brainstorm software has been designed to, and does, work.

I still think "umbrellla" proposals are the better way to go. IMO the "chunks" should be in the Solutions.
And I can see how that might be a great improvement. An ability to select one or more solutions to a given problem and promote them to a separate entity would sure help with this proposal. Please propose a change to Brainstorm in, well, Brainstorm, I guess.

In the meantime though, these "umbrella" proposals are working against the software and breaking the process. In this case, Quim wants to push within Nokia a phone software change the has community requested, but he can't do so without shutting down other good ideas.

I just wish someone would propose usable alternatives instead of simply beating down everything I say. I haven't seen one yet.
I'm not trying to beat you down or attack you. I'm just trying to explain that we don't yet have a can opener, so for now we have to use our hacksaw. It's inelegant, but if we want supper tonight, we have to make do.