View Single Post
Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
my idea weren't really meant to be limited to the arrow keys only. What I meant was that they should make the user the option of mapping two left and also two right, along with the up and down buttons to any key they wish to, for example:

Q W E
A S D

Q = left, W = Up, E = right
A = left, S = down, D = right

its more practical because movement in rpgs and fighters would be more pin point accurate and your fingers wont have to be stretching too far, imagine playing doom and navigating away or towards enemies...how practical would having a key already assigned to Up+right (etc) be? you would have stiff movement. With the above layout you could press and hold any two keys comfortably to your liking and have more of a gamer friendly movement with more preciseness (no stiff movement) especially in the fighters like kof and street fighter.

Also having 'macros' would enable the players to take full advantage of the keypad. It would also compensate for key combinations that would other wise be impractical to perform on the keypad like holding three or four keys together.... example, L1 + L2 + A + B to enable cheats menu and such...
Macros would be brilliant. Things like Zangief's Spinning Piledriver or Super Move would be next to impossible on the N900's keyboard. That's the one place where the diagonals would come in useful. I had the old Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo on my PC in the 90s and I had a keyboard with diagonal arrow keys in a square shape. I was unbeaten on that game using the keyboard...