View Single Post
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
To hauser,
3. Only reason to keep this train running in future is app store which gives apps that make mainstream/average joes buy next Nxxx. They will not buy Nxx because its open or because its based on OS or because community thing, but because its powerful, fluffy and there is great "ifart" apps. They will be delighted when they find true power of community and OS side of this device, but that will be just added extra.

Good ROI is what shareholders and commercial developers want and there is huge pile of easy money in pockets of mainstream users. With success there will be continuation also from Nokia's side and probably that is what this community also wants.
----

And about this community. I have seen great threads where Texrat, RevdKathy and other active members are brainstorming, analyzing, suggesting different scenarios, helping and having fun, but still I´m afraid.

How they are going to implement even half of wonderful stuff what they come up here. There is lots and lots of talk, but how eventually things start to roll. Making decision and starting to implement things with timeline. I haven't been here long so I don't know how everything goes. What this community/council/maemo team has managed to do to this webpage? Right now after 1 month everything, including bugzilla, garage, talk forum, wiki, brainstorm, packages are quite spaghetti and it just scares me because I really am power user amongst my friends. They just don't have as so much time on their hands as I have

In my opinion this spaghetti doesn't make us closer to each other it just separates users to different groups. And I´m really sorry to say that I do not know how to solve this and all I can right now come up is criticism without any solution.

Last edited by slender; 2010-01-22 at 23:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post: