View Single Post
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Here come the furry paws.

I like the direction this has taken.

I should say I loved the first post, and found it hysterically funny. Though I admit it was very British humour. That's Humour with a 'u'. I also thought, being Brit humour, it was actually quite gentle with the bugsquad. I read it as in some part maing the point that they are desperately overworked. Indeed, it made me feel more tolerant towards their brusque responses. But you probably have to be born and raised on Brit humour to get that sense from it.

The idea of a Bugzuki (or is that Buggy-doo?) little brother for Bugzilla is extremely appealing to me. Something that connected a comments type interface (like talk) with the serious bug-file might be enormously useful all round. New users could post their 'bugs', many of which prove either not to be bugs or to be more complex than the initial file. And others could chime in with 'Actually if you do it this way, it works' or 'That only happens if you do this' or even 'Yes we know. There's already a file'. Which would take a lot of weight off the bugsquad. And should mean that bugs are a bit more refined before they reach the monster himself. Then triagers could skim the thread only if they need further information. Or the Bugzuki mod could point up particularly useful comments for the triagers and filter out the repeats, rants and other not-bug stuff.

And Finnish jokes deemed 'unsuitable for the forum'? You know where my PM box is.