View Single Post
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Phoenix, Cochin, Bad Durkheim
Hi!
Just my views. First, I love my N900... It is the best phone I have had till date.

I keep wondering why everybody says it is a good tablet with phone functionality. I think that is not true.

You cannot ask for more from a phone. Infact it is the best phone in the market today.

It has a wonderful VOIP integration, skype integration and so on. This is how all other phones would be in the future. With dialcentral google voice is totally integrated. Only thing missing maybe is the video calls... which will come sometime soon for sure (the hardware is already there).

For a phone, it has the best browser in the market today.

Now as a tablet I would expect a better email client. Think something like thunderbird or kontact with push functionality.
I would also expect a better office suite. There is abiword and freeoffice. And I love it in a phone. For a tablet , maybe a fully functional Koffice with edit capability is what I would say is good.

End of the day, all I am trying to say is that a good phone should be given full credit for its phone capability. Even if this great phone is the child of a series of nice tablets.

Just my 2cents. :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amarjyoti For This Useful Post: