View Single Post
Originally Posted by krk969 View Post
dont get me wrong

but I see this as a pointless exercise. The system of voting for an app is in place and I can see a lot of app developers going around requesting for votes which shouldnt be the case.

why not spend your time by testing the app if you have downloaded it , then go and vote for it, or comment about it in maemo.org/packages section for the app.

that way the developer gets his comments for improvement , chances are you get your fixes sooner, and all future downloaders have enough info about the goods/bads of the app in one place.

this is just my opinion, you are of course free to carry on with a thread !

cheers
point well noted .. Yes, this should be done, and I think I will mention this in the first post too that voting should be done there too ... but my purpose of creating this thread was to give quick feedback access to the readers (people who are thinking of installing an app from the testing/devel areas, but are worried that they may have bugs) ...

Its like this (some basic computer jargon here :P) ... you can go an fetch data from memory, but you can fetch data from the cache even faster ..

But yes, voting should be done at the repositories too .. !