View Single Post
Posts: 112 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC View Post
Tried this out yesterday, just used one of the preconfigured battery level scripts.

It seems to work nice but later that night when I went to go charge my phone it would not charge. I noticed the widget meter did not match the phones icon in the status bar for battery level.

I started to worry my usb port was broken. Turning off the widget and rebooting the phone fixed it and it charged. I never had this problem before and this was my only new application so atleast a decent chance that the widget/script somehow lead to the phone not going into charge mode.
First of all, the widget JUST shows the results of the commands; nothing more. What is happening to you happens to everybody: while charging there is NO battery reading, so it stays at the same value (e.g. 0%) until charging finished OR a reboot. One could easily modify our script to show "charging" in those moments since that information is similarly available..

And maybe this should be something to change.bf upgrading to extras so no one would get confused.

(you can check what I'm saying typing
Code:
lshal | grep bat
on your terminal and reading everything.