View Single Post
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Originally Posted by 77h View Post
Hi Starman,
the n900 is many things at the same time... some users will find some things extremely useful - other users will prefer other features.

What is useful to me

a) voip application (i am not speaking about skype) but the possibility to use real voip. This is interesting for me because I make a lot of long distance calls and travel a lot. Everywhere I have WIFI and even where I have 3G i can use the VOIP (or SIP) calling to call friends almost free: Here is an example how to set up sip using voipcheap

b) a scond strong point as mentioned above is you can see the REAL internet... you do not have to refer to mobile pages where flash (embedded videos like youtube or vimeo) is disabled.

Also if you look at this screen comparison you will see that you see much more with the n900.

c) OPEN: my dad has the 3gs and i wanted to "free" his phone so that he can use a different sim on holiday. We needed to do a jailbreak and i almost bricked the phone (in fact I did brick it but I got help unbricking and jailbreaking it. With the n900 you don't need to jailbreak because it is OPEN to do whatever you like to do. It is your device. You own it

d) I have a popcorn hour in my home.. it has the possibility to offer videos and music to other devices via my network. The N900 can be plugged in to the bedroom TV and I can watch movies that are on my Popcorn Hour in the living room. (via wifi) If travelling I can also put movies on the phone directly and watch them on the great screen in the plane or even connect the phone to the TV in the hotel room...

I have limited this list to my favourite 4 but there are many more of my favourites... Hope it helps a little
Hi, But sorry but that does not show me how to set up my voipcheap on my n900 thru sip????
how have you set up voipcheap on your n900 please?
or can anyone else suggest how i set up voipcheap? or would waiting for FRING be a better option?

Last edited by neotalk; 2010-01-31 at 14:18.