View Single Post
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by IWantToMarryTheN900 View Post
I love this phone - truly - I mean, look at my stupid username. But the media player is crap.

Can a computer genius explain to me why the media player is so skittish?

When I'm listening to music, it seems as if the media player has gobbled all the RAM and when an email/SMS/phone call happens, it's like a mini-earthquake in the phone. The 'new email' tone is cut off in the beginning, the music stutters. It's all very sad. It feels like the entire operation is a delicate house of cards.

The 'Now Playing' interface is completely uninspiring.

My DivX and xVid videos never play completely smoothly - they always seem to be somewhere around 20fps.

And, as someone else pointed out, the media player doesn't pause the music when a phone call comes in - how stupid is that??

It sucks because I was excited to ditch my N810, Blackberry and Cowon S9 for one device. And yes, it does all work, but shouldn't it work well?

So, can someone explain, in layman's terms, why the media player is such a resource hog. And is it fixable? And, if not, where the heck is Canola to save us from this mess?

I
Media Player will pause the music if you get a call and are using Bluetooth headphones.