View Single Post
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
The thread will help coordinating the activities of the Testing Squad during February, feel free to ask questions about the Testing Squad or packages in testing during this month.

Originally posted at the Testing Squad mailing list.

Hi all,

Welcome to the Testing Squad!!

Let me start with some clarifications about the Testing Squad, this team is intended to test software done inside the community by volunteers, not software done by Nokia or new FW images(this can happens, if Nokia continue picking beta testers inside the community), so if someone have questions about that please shout .

I've started a page for the Testing Squad[1], feel free to add more relevant information, I also started a quick check list to help developers preparing their applications for testing[2], please help improving these pages.

My initial plan is very simple, we'll start this way, and keep improving our way of working with your suggestions:

* Each week a member of the Testing Squad posts a list of applications that should be tested during that week.(here and in a appropriated thread at talk.maemo.org)
* The testers test the applications freely in their free time.
* In the end of the week a evaluation is made and any pending issue is discussed among the team.

My initial plan is to test 15 apps per week(3-A-Day) in the beginning in order to clean the testing queue, I expect that this number will decrease a bit in the next weeks.

Please read carefully the Testing Squad page[1] before start, if you've questions feel free to ask them here or in the relevant thread at talk.maemo.org.

In the next hours I'll post the list of apps for this weekend(only 5), will do the same next Sunday, then this task will rotate among the members of the Testing Squad, it's a very simple task.

[1] - http://wiki.maemo.org/Testing_Squad
[2] - http://wiki.maemo.org/Prepare_your_a...on_for_testing

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post: