View Single Post
Hi All,

I've been following this thread for some time and as I finally took the plunge today and followed the instructions for pc105 support I thought I'd join the discussion...

Brief summary of my setup and experience in case it's useful for anyone:
I got an N900 just before Christmas and already had a Freedom Universal 2 BT keyboard. I followed the instructions to enable HID support on the N900 and was able to pair the keyboard. It's been working fine since then, but only as a larger copy of the built-in keyboard. By that I mean:

The Alt-Gr key worked as the function key. All the keys and symbols on the internal keyboard could be reproduced with the BT keyboard - tap or double/tap Shift or Alt-Gr for caps/lock or symbol/lock. With Alt-Gr pressed 'A' would give '*', 'H' would give ')' etc.

Once the device was paired there was no need to re-pair unless it was rebooted. Once the keyboard was opened, the connection light would flash briefly and it was ready to go.

Installing the new firmware over-the-air did not cause me any problems.
Since following qobi's instructions it's been working as before but now with all keys working as expected - brilliant work!

One note - the enter key doesn't work for me when the internal keyboard is closed too... but if I hit Ctrl-Enter it does. Had anyone else discovered that?

Also I'm using another BT device - a Nokia BH-103 headset. So in case the device ID changes, I'm using the Bash script below to set the keymap (need to 'apt-get install bash' for this to work). Replace 'FREEDOM' with the name of your device.

PHP Code:
#!/bin/bash
kbid=`hildon-im-xkbtool --list | grep FREEDOM`
#echo "kbid:${kbid:3:1}"
setxkbmap -device ${kbid:3:1} --I/usr/share/X11/xkb-chinook -rules base -model pc105 -layout us 
Many thanks especially to quobi and to all the contributors.