View Single Post
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
The unit settings page was a little confusing at first, but I got the hang of it just by playing around with it. My sense is that you can probably leave the layout as is and see if the documentation is adequate. But if you are still getting feedback about the settings layout, you should consider adding headers (maybe in smaller font) to delineate the sections on the left-most column on the page.

Categories
Area
Length

Saved Conversions

Fahrenheit-Celsius
Mile per Hour - Kilometre...
Yes, I thought about something like this, but the screen space is really limited. But I agree, it's fairly crowded. One way would be to change the category from a list to a cycle button, but that would make it slower.The latest version (0.8-6) has proper documentation. Let's see if that is enough.

One other set of conversions you should consider implementing is clothing and shoe size conversions. I think that the tricky thing with that is that they may not have set conversion factors--I think you would have to rely on conversion tables for those cases.
I thought about adding them, but after reading about it from the internet, I came to the conclusion that it might be really complicated as there are no real fixed standards. The common advice seem to be to try it before you buy it.

I personally have found out that the best practice when travelling, is simply to ask the person working in the store to help me out to find my size. Not only are they usually able to find the correct size, but they are also able to give me valuable advice like: "Sir, you really do not want to wear something like that. Trust me." A program could never be able to do something like that!

Otherwise, great job!
Thanks

Last edited by Sasler; 2010-02-14 at 18:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post: