View Single Post
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ England
people are putting way too much optimism in Nokia's favour here, and I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

as has already been mentioned, FoneArena asked quite a clear question "if Nokia N900 will get MeeGo" and were given the response "Developers can transition easily..". Now, admittedly that is a tweet, but it doesn't bode well. It smacks of a politician dodging pertinent questions. Surely they should be able to give us a simple yes or no answer. Just the fact that they are being ambiguous is cause for concern, in my opinion.

someone here mentioned that the N900 is featured on the homepage of MeeGo.com. This seems to be just for illustrative purposes, and I would advise anyone who takes this seriously, you need a reality check. It's a marketing picture, nothing more. If the N900 were going to be supported, there would be some definitive declaration saying so.

I'm in two minds as to whether to ditch the N900 and go back to Android.

as you can see here i have been a long time Nokia user, however the recent behaviour from Nokia has made me reconsider ever buying another handset of theirs again.

I accepted that the N900 was going to be a bleeding edge device, but I am disappointed at the very real prospect of there being no future software support for this device.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oscillik For This Useful Post: