View Single Post
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Romania
First of all: Hi! I was on the verge of buying the N900, but this morning my brother comes to me and says: "hey something happened with maemo." He doesn't care too much about tech/phones etc so didn't know what really happened. After hearing about Maemo - Moblin merge, I simply do not want to buy it anymore.
Reading through this thread I've found out that MeeGo apps will be ported to the N900 thanks to the community, but it's not fair to let everything to the community.
I cannot understand why Nokia released this product. I thought that it will be upgradeable to Maemo 6, but nobody knows that for sure. Or maybe somebody knows. The Maemo community (that's you guys!) can do a lot with this tablet, but Nokia cannot leave it up to the community.
What should I do? I don't like other devices, I like the N900. I won't use it at its full potential all the time, but I want to know that some functionalities are there. I hope that Nokia won't abandon the N900, but you never know what will happen.
Again: what should I do? Should I buy it or wait until Q2 when Meego should be released? I desperately want (not need, just WANT) a handset right now. I leave it up to you...