View Single Post
What always strikes me odd with these complains about "N900 not getting this and that and soon becoming obsolete" is the attitude, that when you buy a device from a vendor, now suddenly everyone is expecting to get free new major operating system releases and new features for free, for an undefined duration way into the future.

And conversely getting pissed off every time something new is announced without having an explicit mention given, that "yes it will also run on your device you bought last year".

And yes, notice they haven't closed the door on community-driven solutions. I fully expect the net to be full of MERgos and WEEgos and whatnot for the N900 in the not too distant future .)

I am pretty satisfied with the user features the N900 ships with currently, and especially the developer offering is getting better almost daily. There's all this progress happening with Qt, MADDE, Qt Creator etc. and updates are pouring in almost on a daily basis it seems.. I'll give you that the initial Scratchbox-based SDK offerings weren't all laden with honey and sugar though.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toninikkanen For This Useful Post: