View Single Post
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
My bad. I should had written "Any kind of council".
But my questions are still the same - what would happen if there would be no more council tomorrow and the Nokia just continues down the path that they apparently have chosen?

Being that Nokia is a big, well established company I would assume they have already planned out how this transition will happen and I don't personally see their interest in having a relationship with a 'Council'.

For some time I have actually thought of the Council as an entity that validates themselves rather than actually being needed.
Well, I must disagree with this statement, the council looks out for the community. I put in my two cents on decisions that were being made that effected the community where I felt my opinion should be heard.

The community council does good work.

Now however I must agree that Nokia could care less about the council, and this latest move is nothing new. Its not that I think that the council should have some say about the merger which is based on a companies business decisions.

However having to hear it from another community member as I sit by dumbfounded with no heads up from the community I am putting MY TIME in on is a large pile of CRAP.

I validated the community council benefit, when I was not on it, and decisions were made about my community that I did NOT like, or get to have a say on.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post: