View Single Post
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
*UPDATED WITH FULL WRITE-UP AND GOOD PICTURES*

I decided to take apart my N900 in order to fix the USB port issue. As many of you know, this USB port is prone to breaking off on the N900, and after looking closely at the system board it's not surprising. It's surface mounted, with 4 very small solder points and two epoxy contact pads underneath (cannot verify the epoxy pads without breaking it off, at which point it's too late).

After fixing it yesterday, and verifying that it still works, I opened it again today to verify the epoxy adhesion and to take better pictures. I also did a full write-up on my site. At this point everything works as new, and there are absolutely no signs that my N900 was ever taken apart. For those of you that disassembled the N810, the process is virtually identical.

http://sites.google.com/site/svcr0c0/n900

Word of caution, be careful when applying the epoxy. There's more than enough space around the USB port, however the metal casing of the socket itself is full of holes. And epoxy tends to run and plug them up. If that happens you won't be able to insert the USB cable into the socket.

Last edited by cr0c0; 2010-02-23 at 06:50.

The Following 67 Users Say Thank You to cr0c0 For This Useful Post: