View Single Post
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
Sasler,

Great progress on this app. As I've probably mentioned before, it is not only very useful but very polished!

A couple of minor suggestions:
1. On the unit conversion screen, you should swap the positions of the "Currency" and "Next Unit" buttons in order to maintain consistency with the layout on the currency screen
2. Also on the main unit conversion screen, you should grey out the "Tip" and "Tax" buttons. I tried calculating a tip, but pressing the button did not work until I realized that I was on the Unit screen and not the Currency screen. Greying out those buttons on the Unit screen should eliminate confusion
3. You should update the help screens to reflect that you have many more currencies available now

Again, great job!
Thanks
  1. There is actually only one main screen. Only the button text is changed when switching between currencies and units. But maybe I could have a dedicated Switch and Next button. I have to think of that.
  2. Yes, I agree. Initially I had Tax and Tip buttons functional while in Unit mode, but that was silly. But, if I remember correctly, in Maemo 5 design guidelines it was pointed out that disabling buttons was not supported (or recommended, I can't remember which). But I could just hide them or something.
  3. In the main help page it says that there are "more than 70 preset currencies". This was not there originally when there were about 30. But do you think I should have it more visible?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep them on mind. I also need to figure out something clever for the too small tax and tip text. However, I'm now waiting for the next firmware (PR1.2) version with Qt 4.6 framework as this app is done with the current 4.5. There is a possibility that I need to repack/fix it before it works well (or at all). So that is my priority now. Try to make sure that it works and, if not, release an update as soon as possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post: