View Single Post
- I have an N800 and I love it to bits. Bought it 2 1/2 years ago (but this is my first time on this board...sorry about that). I used the N800 daily for the first 18 months - primarily to catch & play audio podcasts and for light surfing/email. These days I use it round the house at weekends to stream music from Last.FM via Vagalume and the occasional Twitter session using Mauku. I'd like to use it for a whole lot more, but find that most things I try to do with it these days just take too long. I think a rebuild is called for...and I'll scour these boards for tips on the best way to optimise performance and which apps I should use.

- I love tinkering about with OS's on PCs, on phones and on tablets. That said I'm not fussed about which OS we end up with for N8X0 as long as the apps are made to run better. There are so many cool ideas and apps in the community that it's frustrating for me (a non-coder) when they don't work as they should. Example 1: I gave up looking for for a reliable podcatcher (ended up buying a Creative Zen & syncing it with my PC). Example 2: Incredibly slow performance from N800 apps when attempting to stream audio from my Windows 7 UPnP media streamer even though the Creative Zen works like a charm.

- I'm willing to contribute testing & bug reports for apps and any new OS's that come round.

- Like many others here, I want to keep the N8x0(W) hardware platform alive for as long as possible. If it's Meego, Android, Mer or Diablo then I'm happy. For me it's all about the apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to edwenn For This Useful Post: