View Single Post
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I'm posting this in the MeeGo forum, as it's probably too late to get the version numbering policy changed on existing Maemo releases.

I would very much like to see simpler, more human-readable, version numbers for MeeGo OS releases, e.g.:
  • etc.
Older Maemo OS version numbers like 2.2009.51-1 or 3.2010.02-8 look messy. These versions are also called PR 1.1 and PR1.1.1, Pr1.1.1 UK Voda Varient etc, but there's no easy way for an end user to know that. It is also not at all obvious that these are different sub-versions of Maemo version 5.0.

I very much hope that simpler version numbers are used for MeeGo, and that they are consistently used in marketing materials, update notifications, Settings->About screens and so on.
As part of my healthcheck app i'll translate the installed firmware into readable and geographic information + ver like PR1 or 1.1 .... To be implemented though - might have time to do it tonight.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -