View Single Post
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by bergie View Post
Only if you think that maemo.org as a community has no value, and that nothing has been learned by trial and error in the several years running it
Do you mean single sign on?

The maemo.org community has plenty of value it can add to MeeGo... just as the internet Tablet Talk community had with maemo.org.

BTW: If you just drop an "E" from the name, there is already a site set up where you can earn "points" >> HERE <<

No where did I say the community that I belong to has no value.

This a very serious consideration and as such requires some introspection and honest self evaluation regarding "what was learned".

Attitudes about what aspect of our community has more "value" than another have to be dropped is what I am saying... If that hasn't been "learned" yet then it will be carried over into a new organization and IMHO, so will any retrograde.

If we can't let go of karma or any other rank determination and not start off fresh like everyone else in the new organization, then we haven't learned a dang thing.

I learned that the people who contribute here will pro'ly also contribute there. If you revisit this a year after a new system is in place, (one that starts from scratch) you will see pretty much the same faces at the top of the leader boards....
You will also see some new faces though, and that should be the goal.

SLN member # 009