View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by roger_27 View Post
wow.... i read this whole thread.. went the website link... and nowhere either in the thread or at neopwns actual website (tthat i could find) does it state anywhere what the product actually does. then i went to wikipedia. all so cumbersome. i'm still not quite sure. is it an os ? or a network intrusion testing program ?
roger_27: BackTrack is a penetration-testing distribution, which is intended for security professionals or hobbyists who want to audit the security of their networks or systems. The colour of your hat is up to you. From glancing at the screenshots, my guess would be that this is a collection of software used by the main BackTrack distribution, customized to work (well) on the N900, and with some sort of mobile-optimized launcher/frontend. If they've actually made a custom Maemo distribution, I'm sure people like Stskeeps would have been involved, and we probably would have heard about it.
EDIT: My guess is that they've built a custom kernel as well, although at least one custom build is already available in -devel.