View Single Post
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by spanner View Post
I think it's easy to feel abandoned because (as far as I know) there are no "official" plans to do anything other than minor bugfixes on this platform.
There are official plans and there are tentative plans. They haven't been communicated, but they exist.

Maybe I just haven't found the "official Nokia announcement page" yet - can anyone point me to one?
It doesn't exist as for today. Still, you can check Bugzilla resolutions to have a glimpse of what is coming.

It is actually a common practice in the sector that Nokia operates not to make official announcements disclosing all plans about a released product.

I think it would really help if there was a simple, semi-official "roadmap" page that listed what we can realistically expect from Nokia, what "might" happen, and what's just make-believe (better Maps, Flash 10, QT 4.6, Maemo 6, etc). Is this what you meant, qgil?
Exactly.

It's a great idea, but I feel that it will only add to the confusion unless it is backed by real information from Nokia.
We can summarize the information available from Nokia and others can help adding the unofficial but technically accurate information or views.

Last edited by qgil; 2010-03-02 at 08:09. Reason: fixing quotes

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post: