View Single Post
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by antoarts View Post
For twitter, use the browser or mauku
The Twitter experience on a computer is not really optimal on a PC browser, and on the N900's tiny screen it's downright PAINFUL to use. Don't get me started on Mauku... It's laughably underfeatured. I'm coming from using Gravity on the N95, which was a stunning program and sorely missed.

You can use openoffice through easy-debian, or you can use google docs through the browser
I could technically do either of those things, but like the twitter site example above, the experience is very poor indeed. What we need is a tablet-optimised, hildonized Office app. Something like the finger-friendly built-in notes app, only with more powerful editing features. I love the N900's native UI, but most of its apps seem to abandon this and use their own horrible alternatives. That's not why I bought the device at all!

Does the iPhone have video chatting?
It doesn't, and that's one of the reasons why I never got one. Nokia has always had the edge on Apple as far as features go... or at least it did before the N900!

Nokia's giving Symbian plenty of love--Major software updates for the N97 bringing much-requested features and fixes, as well as the whole 'free maps navigation' initiative, but Maemo's being left out in the cold. After all the publicity and excitement and above all POTENTIAL of Maemo 5, it's really upsetting to see that Nokia seem to be neglecting it entirely. Us UK owners STILL haven't got the latest software update! It's unacceptable!

I suppose Nokia already has our money. There's not much incentive to continue to innovate and support the platform now...