View Single Post
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
Originally Posted by Cpasjuste View Post
bdogg64, did you successfully get a working dual boot env. ?

Here is what i get : Android working (except wlan, but i guess i have to replace the "/system/lib/modules/wl*" module with my compiled one on the android fs) but not maemo (reboot loop) :

- Compile the kernel with your kernel patch.
- Copy the compiled modules to the maemo partition (Not sure to understand that, the kernel load some modules from the maemo partition and some from the android one ?)
- Enable R&D

Else the strange thing is with my compiled kernel and modules, without applying the android patchs, all seems fine, but the phone reboot as soon as i try to scan for a wifi access point, and the partitions are strangly mounted ... well, i'll do more testing on that.
Not completely. I was in the same spot you're in as far as the weird mounting but I hadn't worked through that yet. Basically you will have copies of the compiled android modules in two places. In android they will be in /system/lib/modules/. In Maemo they will be in /lib/modules/current/. They will be the same in both places with the exception of the touchscreen driver. I'll have to look through the patches again to find the issue with mounting. I could boot both systems but things like wifi weren't working on the maemo side yet. I was more focused on getting the android side working at the time.

You also have to disable the watchdogs to get out of the reboot loop.

Code:

flasher-3.5 --set-rd-flags=no-omap-wd,no-ext-wd -R

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Last edited by bdogg64; 2010-03-16 at 15:56.