View Single Post
Hey guys,

I work for Grooveshark so I thought I could jump in and answer some questions and address some misconceptions.

First, Grooveshark is hardly a Spotify clone, we've been around longer than they have but unlike them we aren't spending millions of dollars on marketing blitzes, so you may have heard of them earlier. :P

Anyway, probably more interesting to maemo users is the fact that we are building a new client in flash optimized for mobile hardware. The development is moving along quickly because we're able to reuse a lot of the code we wrote for the main site, so I don't expect there to be a really long wait like there is for the Symbian and Winmo clients.

This new client is designed to use as little memory as possible and to fit nicely on smaller screens. We currently have a couple of mobile phones running flash 10.1 that we're testing with. Unfortunately we haven't been able to get our hands on an N900 yet, but we hope to have one soon. If/when we do I'll report here on how it's working out.

Thanks for the interest in Grooveshark.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to wanderr For This Useful Post: