View Single Post
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Aperture Science, Inc.
Originally Posted by ~phoenix~ View Post
this is not my point.... why they are building things only half into the n900??

when i say to my plumber i want a second sink in my bathroom...
then he installs a sink.... but when i try to wash my hands and there is no water... and i call him and ask him why there is no water... what would he say??

an ordinary plumber would say he comes the next day and will check what is wrong...

and a nokia plumber would say "that sink does not support water"

for what is the ir port good when it is not working??

just for the devs??

what will be the next step? a phone/tablet with gsm chip but no ability to call someone?? like when you can code a phone app you can call someone??

or a phone/tablet without os??
customer: hy i just bought my nokia N12000 an it showes me only a nokia logo and then it turns off...
nsc: have you already coded an os and flashed it into the device??

i love nokia... but why they dont finish their work??

half work is always crappy.... and like you sayed .... its an old technologie.... it wouldnt be such a problem to add the input ability...

greetz

Can't you people stop complaining and whining even once??
I am not aware of ANY phone in the price range of the n900 that has this feature integrated. And guess what? Looks like it's of SOME use to certain people, otherwise why are there at least 3 different aftermarket CIR dongles for the iphone?

You can do a TON of stuff with the CIR transmitter if you'd just do some research. Besides controlling virtually all of your home equipment with it (except for radio-controlled wallsockets), you can use it to control toys, robots, toy-robots, DSLR cameras, surveillance cams, whatever.

How to learn new IR commands? Get an IR receiver for your computer (less than 5 bucks). Get Girder 3 (should still be available for free). Install igor plugin. read out IR codes. Also, bacon and profit.

EVERY other phone company would just have ignored any unused I/O pins of their hardware. The NIT dev team filled the space with something that doesn't give you ANY disadvantage, but can be really, really useful for some people. How can anyone complain about that?

And no, you'd never have used an IrDA port. No way in hell would you have used it to transfer anything from your ages old phone.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to quingu For This Useful Post: