View Single Post
Printed "Get Started Guide"
Well done.
In-Device User Guide
I don't like reading pdfs on a micro-display. I prefer printed manuals or/and downloadable pdfs for my PC.
Concept
I don't like this concept. If I purchase a high-priced device I expect a complete handbook to read during times where no technical device is available.
For me this is part of the emotional experience. I like the feeling of paper and a heavy-weight handbook.
Help Framework
No need for this. I don't like and use inline help on mobile devices. Same argument as for In-Device-User-Guide. I even don't use onlinehelp at the PC - since I got internet over a decade ago Google is faster (and for the most part more informative) than any onlinehelp.
Applications for mobile devices should be designed with ease of use in focus - there simply should be no need for onlinehelp.
Btw. this doesn't exclude printed handbooks. These handbooks could explain the more advanced _workflows_ (and include the simple step-by-step-approach for new users).
Maemo Community
Active communities are the best source of information. A good wiki is more valuable than any handbook or could be a good enhancement.