View Single Post
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Liverpool, UK
I a a diabetic and have several alarms set to remind me to take glucose readings, insulin, carb intake etc... So I have several alarms set to remind me.

I have been away for 3 days. Yes that's 3 days. I forgot to take my damn charger. Anyway, the battery lasted 2 days as I turned off all comms. Finally the battery run out and the n900 shuts down. Weird bong sound and all. Everything off. All dead.......well not quite......the bloody alarm is still active which is great but the screen does not respond to turn the alarm off. You cant turn the alarm off damn it.

So, I ended up pulling the battery out. But....

I put it back in and guess what? Yup, the bloody alarm resumed. I just got home after 24 hours of this damn alarm going off every 10 minutes cos I cant turn it off and short of leaving the flipping battery out of the unit, it just wont stop beeping and I cant turn off.

As I said I just got home, so I put it in the charger. After an hour the system auto booted and finally I was able turn the alarm off.

So, my question.......when the system is off, is it really off? If it is then is the damn alarm running out of nvram on a different processor or something. Damn weird setup to me. But I tell you, the system had fully shutdown, I could not boot t as the battery was dead. But the bloody alarm, lives! Go figure.

Last edited by scouser; 2010-04-18 at 20:55.