View Single Post
Originally Posted by devu View Post
Device Manager Class will manage which functionality can be run on your device. This way will show you apps only good for your device.
Impressive! That's pretty ambitious and forward-thinking.

Originally Posted by devu View Post
Otherwise internet connection is required. More complikated way is to create SWF-2-EXE tool. And I have experience with Zinc. Hovever never on Linux platform. Maybe some developers here could help. I've seen KMPlayer able to play swf file and looks like some good option. I'll have a look.
Yes, KMPlayer can play swf files and so can MicroB (at least for the N810 -- I assume the same is true for the N900).

The cool thing about running from a web site is that you get the same set of apps for multiple platforms (Maemo, Android, netbook, etc.). The not-so-cool thing is when you don't have an Internet connection & it hits you that you can't get at any of your apps. The home run 'best of both worlds' option might be like Google Gears where you sync up both your apps (i.e., make sure the offline version was the most recent code -- if necessary) and your app data. But online only wouldn't be bad If they weren't mission-critical apps. After all, to state the obvious, web sites have the same problem.

Anyway, just some food for thought & best wishes for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post: