View Single Post
I've been lurking about since I got my N900 about 4 months ago. One of the reasons why I "upgraded" from the N810 to N900 was that I figured that the N810 would soon become abandonware. On the other hand, I'm so disappointed with my N900 that I'm considering buying a second N810 to have as a backup to the N810 I already have. My N900 is pretty much a paperweight now, and I plan to use my N810 for the foreseeable future.

- I have an N810

- It would be nice to have a community for N800/810 users, but I also hate to see things fork (one of the curses of Linux). My gut feeling is that these boards have transformed toward users with different requirements than was the case for many N800/810 users.

- I am interested in maintenance and improvements. Porting of a few targeted apps. might be good as well.

- I can test and have done this before. I can't code; however, I often hack code to get it to do what I want. I'm pretty sure that I could port applications if I tried; however, I doubt I could do the final touches to make applications usable on an ITT. I am more than familiar with Linux, shell scripting, compiling kernels, etc.

For what's it's worth, I use the Garnet VM a lot and would be willing to pitch in there, especially if it were to become open sourced (not likely).

It's good to know that there are some happy N800/810 out there!