View Single Post
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
No news on Nokia supporting MeeGo / Harmattan officially for the N900. That is a business decision and no Nokia business representative has given any news recently.
There is progress on the technical side: [MeeGo-dev] Brief status of "MeeGo to N900" project
Thanks for clarifying this, qgil.

The fact that this project "Meego on N900" is running by a dedicated team on Nokia is great news, thus it is no surprise that would lead the most optimistic users to believe N900 will be officially supported (at least the chances got better in my opnion). I do understand that business decisions sometimes can not be disclosed, even if there is a decision already.

I think the best way for keep this project running is to answer the official survey about N900. You mentioned several times that maemo.org was not the proper customer channel for complains, so now we have a unique opportunity. I hope the results of this survey will reach the Nokia executive guys who have indeed the power to make the final decision about supporting Meego officially.