View Single Post
Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Guys =)

I think I will be a lot more here from now on as I was before canola release =)
So first some considerations :

@texrat : Yeah, sorry for my crappy english. The item actually doesn't exists ( it's carman or the car part of it ) but I never wrote it right so our flash dude wrote just like me. My mistake =) I need to find time to finally take some English lessons.

Also on the contextual : Actually the contextual interface ( car - home - work) was our goal since the beginning, but was quite hard to convince the managers with what we had at the time, and I was the only in the ui work, taking not only canola but all indt's project. Now with a slightly bigger team we are able to produce a lot more, experiment a lot more and propose! Expect more than these experiments. A lot more. Along with Canola's next version I think we are working with something people always asked. Let see how we managed to do that, and once we have a mockup (even in flash) usable enough I will pass it to some of our great beta testers friends to say what they think and try to involve the users as much as possible in the process.

@maxilogan : The MythTV tv thing is real =) if you take a look we did gmyth, some maemo mythTV experiments, and now Why not plug it into canola? The plugin was ready for the current version but we didn't have the UI for the channel navigation ( EPG actually). I would like actually to be able to provide plugins not only for MythTV but for almost any PVR that has an open API or upnp support.

also for max : the folder thing will become a folder icon with name, so this will solve the problem I guess =)

So, this is just the tip of (I hope) our best iceberg =) we have a lot of improvements on multitask, gps, pvr, mplayer / other players support, web configuration going inside canola (at least the most usable part of it) and a lot more.

as I said it's finally time for us here at INDT enjoy the speed that python give. And because we maintain it we are fixing all bugs that appear in lighting speed. Python and evas will be our not-so-secret weapon, to make canola a nice user experience.

Thanks, and I will keep in touch!

Marcelo Eduardo
Openbossa Labs @ INDT
Recife Brazil
--------------------------
www.indt.org.br
www.marceloeduardo.com