View Single Post
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
From this thread.

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Just quickly answering this one - Nokia only pushed TI to do this, but the absense of a driver is not a fault of Nokias, it was not their driver to give.

I was quite surprised to hear that TI announced they had a working driver for N8x0 at Maemo Summit and started planning for this arrival.

Now, imagine my surprise when it turns out they (TI) did not actually try it on anything but their development platforms and not with the N8x0 devices, in fact, had not been developed wit N8x0 nor did they have any to test on?

That screws up things quite a bit when a small task of integration turns into a driver porting task. As it was a high priority of the community, I spent a -lot- of nights working on this, with some kind of workable result. Now, there is still some work to be done in that area, but it is out of my expertise. Maybe it returns now with the MeeGo for N8x0 port.
So the driver is total BS. Would it possible to push TI to do something about it? If they promised driver for N8x0 they didn't really deliver. Probably not but it seems to me that if TI doesn't fix the driver, N8x0 will never have working 3D acceleration.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mixu For This Useful Post: