View Single Post
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
I know that Flash on my PC lights up my processor bar really well. If there is a hardware method of accomplishing what is done in Flash software, thereby relieving my CPU of much of the burden, I am all for it.

I play MafiaWars on Facebook. Playing it on the N900 has some limitations; you just can't collect from your NY properties most of the time using the N900. On my PC what should be a simple piece of computing: sending my action to the server, decrementing my energy, incrementing my cash and experience points and writing the new information to my screen, is drawn out for several seconds past what I enjoy waiting. I believe MafiaWars is a Flash based game or if not totally Flash based has Flash elements in it.

I'd love to see how the game would respond if written in HTML5. I won't say it "can't be worse" because I don't know that but I will say HTML5 would have to be really cumbersome to execute if it were to be slower than Flash.

Apple is Apple and as consumers we can make our choice. I don't care if the iPhone has Flash or not because I am highly unlikely to use one.

Last edited by tzsm98; 2010-04-29 at 20:34. Reason: clean up my miserable typos!