View Single Post
i had the company wrong but I knew Nokia would need to join forces with some big company. It's over for nokia they will drop to about 18-22% marketshare, the time for the rebound has pasted. People expected big things from the n97 perfectly design but the hardware sucked as it is too underpowered, so any software improvements are minimal at best the device has no longevity.

They then go and make the N900 again underpowered but this hardware is the best they've stuck into a device, runs linux so people are excited. But then they cause a bunch of hooplah about the software upgrades making most (who bought) uneasy some even angry.

HP buying Palm, if they get it together palm people developing webos while HP's people make the hardware. I can't imagine them releasing one device at a time, but they will definately attack the low end. About the time hp has this together we should see the results of nokia's efforts as well.

win mob 7 has time to get win mob 7 improved as nokia makes their improvements. The kin shows what they are aiming at.

android- severly attacking the high end with htc's help and if recent moves are any indication google doesn't even acknowledge nokia as a competitor, they are going head to head with apple, once you get a slice of the high end squashing the low end is easy. So when it comes at nokia it'll be swift because nokia is so slow to respond and really far behind the curve

apple I hate apple but they are suceeding imo because of marketing but they are scared and the lawsuits are a tell they want to patent the unpatentable concepts but can't move forward without others patents thus the lawsuits in hopes of resulting in a patent exchange

with all this competition Nokia won't bounce back without flawless execution. I have no confidence as of now they can do whats necessary, shame too they make decent phones they just need to support them better.

R.I.P. Maemo 5
11/16/2009 - 06/04/2010