View Single Post
Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by onethreealpha View Post
I think that, as government and private entitiies looking for ways to reduce licensing costs in their desktop environments, move to open source, it will be seen in the wider, home user community as a familiar and viable alternative.
Interesting point. The government of China actually ordered all government computers to have Windows 2000 uninstalled, and Red Flag Linux installed instead, after Microsoft screwed up with Microsoft Venus (a set-top TV box which would browse the internet, do word processing, and other multimedia tasks).

Not sure if it's still the same today though.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.