View Single Post
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
Oh really?

1. PR 1.2 is not out yet so you cant tell him that it works, its like if he told you about some functions from Android 2.2

2. You are right Turn by Turn is used in Maps app but still main point of having a GPS in my opinion is to use it for navigation as regular Garmin etc do

3. what do you mean by special hardware? N900 has some mega ultra super not special hardware to use VGA -> TV function?
The front camera does work. Just have to write an app to use it. I told him about the hardware in the N900, not the apps that take advantage of them. Literally how I put it in the original post. The N900 does have the hardware. I just realized I forgot to mention the infrared.

GPS is global positioning system. What you do with it varies as much as a persons creativity. I also use it when I go hiking, geocaching and Jeeping out in the middle of nowhere. It's also great for camping, walking around a town you don't know, etc.

By "special hardware" I mean accessories required in order to do what the N900 does out of the box. If you want to hook your iPhone to your television to watch whats on it's screen, you have to go purchase accessories for it. If that clears it up.

So again, you claiming I mislead someone is at least wrong, at most insulting.