View Single Post
Originally Posted by Fecn View Post
Hi Webhamster - Thanks for all your hard work on AGTL - It's a fantasitc app which tempted me today to take my first steps into the world of geocaching.

I've been trying to work out for the last few hours whether I'm just being stupid, or if there's a problem with the app. It seems to insist that all co-ordinates entered are on easterly longitudes... As I live slap-bang on the grenwich meridian here, it's throwing off all my targets.

For example... Go into the GPS screen and pick 'Change Target'... Enter a Lat/Lon of N 51 19.243' W 0 02.065' and then click on OK....... The co-ordinates entered are changed to N 51 19.243' E 0 02.065.

The same behavior is seen within the calculator, with the longitude changing from W to E on the last step of the calculation.

From the main map, using the 'Use Centre as Target' correctly puts in westerly longitudes, but if you then go into the GPS screen, hit Set Target and then hit OK without changing anything, then the longitude switches to E and the target moves to the wrong place.

I spent a while staring at the python code this evening trying to work out where the change was taking place, but my wlan was being flakey and it was hard work reading the code on the n900's small screen - I decided I'd post instead.

Anyway.. thanks again for the great app. The co-ords bug didn't prevent me from finding the right place for the cache today
This bug is fixed for the next release, coming today or tomorrow.