View Single Post
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North West England
Originally Posted by itambrose View Post
I installed fMMS from Extras Testing since it was moved up from Extras Devel so didn't need fAPN because this newer version has fAPN built in. I use Rude mode (disconnects from current connection, downloads message and then re-connects to original connection). But a side issue is that mine also connects to MMS instead of Vodafone Internet GRPS in situations where I lose regular internet connection - so unrelated to fMMS itself. I re-named MMS to zMMS so it comes at the end of my list of available connections and it doesn't seem to happen anymore. Maybe it connects to the first on the list alphabetically. I only realised this today so will check my online bill tomorrow for yesterday and see if it made any difference. On my old Nokias (E90, 5600, N70) the connection you picked didn't make a difference. Will update once I know.
Update - moving out of my wifi network (name: SKYnnnnn), where it formerly would connect to my regular 3G connection (name:Vodafone Internet GPRS), it now connects to the new APN (name:zMMS). Still don't know of any billing implications. Anybody found a solution to this?

I'm using the new fMMs v1.0.2 from Extras Testing.