View Single Post
I agree kojacker, which is why I would like to put this here for anybody who is after a large prize with categories

http://www.callingallinnovators.com/default.aspx

I did not intend for the small prize here to take the "friendly" out of your friendly contest. I thought it would just be a good small incentive for people to get involved. I was under the impression that the competition ball is already rolling with a date (end of the month) and that the prize is something that may be there when the deadline arrives as a bonus for winning. I don't think categories is something we should worry about.

I do not shy away from responsibility so I would definitely organize it if it's that we are lacking. it's just that people will be less reluctant to contribute to the pot if somebody with a better/longer history here than me was organizing it.

I certainly hope that me mentioning a possible prize at the end did not kill this contest or make it too competitive. noobmonkey mentioned a possible programming book prize which I think is a great idea since it will attract those who are just starting and want to learn (newbies, as you put them) while still keeping the friendly atmosphere where people help eachother, because by doing so you can probably learn more in these forums than what's in that book.

Last edited by Cue; 2010-05-16 at 16:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post: