View Single Post
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
MeeGo is RPM based and well, Diablo isn't.
Ok, I know this. This doesn't mean deb packages can not be created.

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
I suppose you mean Qt - the issue is that you can compile the ’base’ Qt, but we don’t have the necessary patches to utilize hardware acceleration and system integration. In other words, it would sort-of work, but it would be slow and feel very much out of place (it would be worse than Qt4.5 on Diablo as is, would feel more like you’re in Easy Debian or sorts).
Then the question is the same. Which task is more feasible: 1. Make from MeeGo on N8x0 something useful for the users or 2. see what is required for the hardware acceleration of Qt (the system integration is optional).

I think 2. is easier than 1. and it is also more feasible. After Mer I have some doubts that anything usable will come from 'MeeGo_on_N8x0'. If the libraries are ported (or at least Qt) then it should be very easy to port the applications.

What kind of work is required in order to make Qt accelerated? Is it slow because of the missing 3D? Is there something different in the X environment of MeeGo and that of Diablo that makes these libraries accelerated on MeeGo and slow on Diablo? Isn't it on both places the same good old X?