View Single Post
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 253 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Virginia
UPDATE: Package can be installed from extras devel
UPDATE2: New version with .desktop file, basic playlist support and download progress bars.
UPDATE3: New GUI and some bugfixes.

I have been very busy recently and sorry this update took so long! Also some of the buttons have yet to be implemented

I would like to announce a groove shark client for the n900. If you are not familiar with groove shark take a look at http://listen.gooveshark.com.

I currently have a working prototype. It can search and play songs on groove shark.

This is my very first (GUI) program that I have made and I am using this project as a way to learn C++ and Qt4.

This program depends on libqjson and the latest pr1.2 libqt4 with phonon.

There are still some bugs (playback while downloading, it works great with download then play EDIT: Streaming now works) and after I fix some and clean up the code I might release it.

The source also builds against ubuntu 10.04.

Edit:
The project has now been uploaded to extras-devel. Please note a lot of features are still missing, This is due to a rewrite of how the device handles the future playlist support.

You can install the program by:
Code:
apt-get install groove
Edit:
You can now install this application through the app manager.

Last edited by Dotblank; 2010-07-22 at 17:45. Reason: Update

The Following 103 Users Say Thank You to Dotblank For This Useful Post:
aanckar, akirah, AlMehdi, andygee, angelb, arbitrabbit, atilla, bigears5000, Blaizzen, bobbydoedoe, borghal, Brank, cardiff-blues, carharttguy, CepiPerez, cferrism, clasificado, Corwin, daddeddad, Dancairo, DaReaper, datjomp, Dave999, Dousan, drangina, edgar2, elie-7, esthreel, Faz, FreeThinker, futtawuh, Fötus, gabby131, getnani, gordonshowers, G_Gus, hellomezzy, Helmuth, hopbeat, Hotshot, HtheB, ivnvir, jcharpak, JorgeFX, jpala16, juahan, klinglerware, kojacker, kruppin, laasonen, Laughing Man, Lullen, lunatik, Maj3stic, MaltedVomit, manavs, Marklar, Marlon, Maruzko, MohammadAG, mtrower2, Natan_xy, nubsis, orcocan, Patola, Pretoriano, PUNK, pyromaniac, qosmio, Radishface, Raubtier, raven, resplendent2209, rgodinez, RolePlayGame, saxen, scifi.guy, shiny, shnigi, skykooler, Sphinx780, Straycat, Stskeeps, sula, teetu, testmatchspecial, ThomasAH, Tiboric, tissot, ToJa92, Trek1701, Trestry, Turkishflavor, uusitalo, VDVsx, vdx29, wheatbisc, YoDude, zappa, ZogG, zvogt