View Single Post
Posts: 263 | Thanked: 679 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Lyon, France
Hi,

Speaking only for myself...

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Is this more of a "We'll have to change something, if you want to be part of the change: This is your last chance to be heard"? Or is it a "We don't know if we'll have to change things at all; any suggestions?"?

Apart from one single issue (testing packages) which I'll try to comment upon, I'm very comfortable with the way the community works ATM. - I'm just not sure if I need to put a "Please leave things as they are" into each thread or if not posting at all will be counted as just that (instead of as "Benny doesn't care", which wouldn't be correct).

Does my question make any sense?
To me it's a "No-one is telling me what to do, and setting my own agenda with no feedback or big-picture thinking is getting old" thing.

Maemo exists, and will become a mostly 100% volunteer effort to provide software for older devices once MeeGo 1.0 for the handsets comes out. Given that, it'd be useful to know what people expect Maemo to provide in terms of services, and what efforts are needed from the community, to keep things on the tracks, once Maemo goes into maintenance mode in Nokia.

Dave.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dneary For This Useful Post: