View Single Post
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
These aren't suggestions as I realise implementing them would take a while (GObject; **** yeah! [Though, props to Vala - implementing properties and D-Bus methods and signals is so simple in Vala that it's almost orgasmic...), but ideas of what can be done with D-Bus if you ever feel like extending your brilliant efforts.

* If your object uses GObject properties for settings etc., you can manipulate them with the standard org.freedesktop.properties (something like that interface) as DBus-GLib will export them. You've already provided get/set_param methods
* You can also allow signals to emitted - create them in the GObject Way and define them in your interface XML. You could have one emitted for when a widget is updated.
Appreciate your tips, thanks Faheem.
As I'm pretty very old school as a coder - my last C/C++ lines happened almost 20 years ago - it'll take some time to digest you precious contribution

However I also have one more issue which is bothering me since QBW was born. I already opened a thread in Development forum but no brave member came up with suggestions.

I hope I have a better chance now that community has gone much more cerebral about Maemo, N900 and Hildon-Desktop.
I repost here my original request as it could move QBW a step further with still one new possibility.

Thanks to new extended IPC mechanism it could be now possible to treat many QBW instances as one intercommunicating entity thus allowing stacked instances (and hot spots over beecons) like in this example:

Originally Posted by No!No!No!Yes! View Post
I believe the cheapest solution could be this one:

With "A" being the "status" beecon (with status querying script updating manually, every startup, on desktop change, every 30 or so seconds updated via new QBW IPC features by "B") and "B" being the "toggle" beecon/button (with status toggling script just for manual interaction)

ISSUE: Still unable to programmatically control the stacking of different widgets on desktop.

This was the original enigma:
Originally Posted by No!No!No!Yes! View Post
Hi, as per subject I need to programmatically control the overlaying positions of 3 instances of the same multi-instance hildon desktop (hildon-home) widget.
Programming Language is C.

I basically need to send the top most yellow box behind the red and green boxes (the very-very back) while I'm in the top most widget's settings dialog box.

I've already tried:
  1. gtk_window_set_keep_below gtk_window_set_keep_below
  2. HildonWindowStack family functions

No success so far... anyone can help?

Bye!

Last edited by No!No!No!Yes!; 2010-05-20 at 06:49.