View Single Post
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
I know Apple has (though this ends soon for the first iPhones) but Microsoft? Surely you jest. Sometimes HTC is nice enough to release upgraded ROMs, but usually it's people migrating to xda-developers for new ROMs. Ditto for Android devices, which are even more dependent on wrestling control away from the carrier and device manufacturer (or worse, impossible if you bought certain Motorola devices.)

Maybe you need some perspective on just how hostile other vendors really are, and how you paint a pretty picture of them because you hate Nokia.

The 3G models yes, the 2.5G models are SOL. I suspect Apple will stick to that cadence. Next to go will be the 3G (slow CPU) then the 3GS.
Donīt go blind on the fanboy side. I donīt hate Nokia. I like their hardware side. And I loved my N95-1.

Iīve been buying almost all Nokiaīs for 15 years now.

Itīs the software deficiencies, which a community of well meaning amateurs cannot replace, of the developers at Nokiaīs linux department that I do not appreciate.